Saturday 19th of March 2022 01:00:56 PM
Bristol accuses AstraZeneca of violating Opdivo patents in lawsuit
Andrii Dodonov/iStock via Getty Images
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY) has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against AstraZeneca (NASDAQ:AZN) that argues that the U.K.-based pharma's cancer treatment Imfinzi (durvalumab) infringes on patents related to Opdivo (nivolumab).
- The lawsuit was filed on Thursday in the U.S. District Court in Delaware.
- Bristol alleges that Infinzi infringes on several Opdivo patents, including: Human Monoclonal Antibodies to Programmed Death Ligand 1 (PD-L1) ('505, '507 patent); and Cancer Immunotherapy by Disrupting PD-1/PD-L1 Signaling ('299 patent).
- Opdivo is approved for many types of cancer, while Imfinzi is approved for small cell and non-small cell lung cancer.
- Opdivo had 2021 sales of $~7.5B, while Imfinzi sales last year were ~$2.4B.
- Read why Seeking Alpha contributor Cappuccino Finance says that Bristol (BMY) is a buy.