Tuesday 4th of January 2022 04:20:26 AM
S&P Global acquires The Climate Service
- S&P Global (NYSE:SPGI) has acquired The Climate Service.
- This acquisition will enable S&P Global to offer its clients even more transparent, robust and comprehensive climate data, models and analytics.
- Deal terms were not disclosed.
- Founded in 2017, based in Durham, North Carolina The Climate Service, Inc. has won multiple awards for its innovative approach to analyzing climate risks, including winner of the 2021 ESG Investing Best Specialist ESG Data Provider award, New Wave Leader 2020 by Forrester and World Changing Ideas by Fast Company.
- Dr Richard Mattison, President, S&P Global Sustainable1 said, "We are delighted to introduce the best-in-class offering of The Climate Service to S&P Global's ESG solutions, bringing an additional layer of critical insight to our leading suite of climate analytics. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments with the clarity and confidence to make decisions with conviction."